About Me

I am a single mother of two wonderful girls! Life is such a roller coaster so I figured I would blog about things that happen day to day. I hope you will come on the journey with me!

Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Escape of the Fat Cat


So our cat Journey who is quite large has figured out how to use the doggy door. After being a house cat for so long one day he decided to take a trip out the door. No one noticed until I was sitting at the table doing my homework and he pops his head in. I told my mom about this so we decided to spray him with a squirt bottle whenever he goes near the door. Well this worked for a little bit but someone is not guarding the door 24/7 so of course he gets out again. He decides to go under the patio furniture until my mom goes and chases him back inside. Since he continues to venture outside we have decided that he needs a "time out" each time he goes outside. So now when he goes out he gets put in the cat carrier for a bit. It is obviously not leaving a lasting impression on him because today he got out again and my mom tried squirting him with the squirt bottle but it did not faze him. So she went around behind him with the hose.. boy he got moving then! Now we are not doing this to be mean or because we don't want him to be an outside cat. We are doing this for his own protection. He could not survive outside.. he can barely run!

No comments:

Post a Comment